Monday, October 6, 2008

Sunday Baptism

Daddy, Rachel, mommy, Linzhi Rose and Pastor Bob. I love how Rachel is looking at her.


Daddy, Linzhi, Mommy, Rachel (very nervous) and our Awesome Pastor Bob.





My little sister Sage and Rachel Catherine





Miss Linz with Grandma Vanessa (my mom) and Grandpa John




Trevor, mom, Linz and Rachel before the service. I love my babies!





Trevor, Grandma Sharon (CJ's mom), Linz and Rachel, before the service.





Hello everyone, it's been awhile since I put in a post. Last week was very busy as we were preparing for the girls Baptism. We had a wonderful time on Sunday and my heart was full. I come from divorce, my parents separated when I was four and let's just say they didn't seem to get along after that so I've always had two of everything for Trevor... Two birthdays, two, holidays, etc... By the time Rachel came I decided it's time for a change. Now I only have ONE event for respective birthdays and holidays. I prayed heavy on this a few years ago, I would get stressed and nervous knowing my parents would be under the same roof but God is good and is so much bigger than my little worries and of course, like always he takes care of the big and little things in our lives. My point is, on Sunday I became a little emotional as I witnessed my sweet babies being marked with water to potentially be inheritors of God's kingdom. It's a comfort to know they have the support of family and church family as they make the journey to Jesus. Our pray is that our girls, like their brother did, will accept the sacrifice Jesus made for them and look to him as their savior. I believe wholly this is the path my babies will take. I see them loving him and seeking to know more about him with such an innocent wonder. Children are so precious and I know how much more precious they are to our heavenly father. So it was a blessing for us to watch our girls take this step closer to Jesus, of course together.


Secondly, for the first time I saw my parents and their spouses sitting at the table eating lunch together LAUGHING and talking like they have been friends all along. I have to say, my sweet step-mother Cathy has been key in this right along with God. Cathy is the ice breaker and always has been when it came to my parents. I will always be so grateful to her for that! I was so happy to witness this, I can't express how HUGE this is for me. I've wanted this for a very long time! =)


Lastly, a BIG thank you to my mom and mother-in-law for helping me with the food for the luncheon and the help you provide for the girls during the week.



My heart is full tonight.







3 comments:

Jessica Paige said...

What a special day for your family!

Great Pictures!

Have a good weekend...

Jess

Katy said...

Great pics!!!
I am so glad you had such a special day!!! :o)

junglemama said...

What a beautiful day! Your last sentence sums it up perfect!