Thursday, October 30, 2008

Chicago!

Every year Trevor and I go to the city, Chicago that is...Just the two of us. We usually hit a play and go for a nice lunch or dinner somewhere fancy... We've seen Lion King (amazing and Trevor's choice), Annie (amazing and my choice), just to name a few. This year however, we couldn't decide on a play so Trevor asked if we could go visit my sister Emily and her boyfriend Mike. They both live in the city and attend IIT. Mike and Emily are both in the architecture program which is very exciting and will be graduating soon.

We drove up to their apartment to park then we hit the train to bring us into the heart of the city. Emily chose a great Mexican restaurant for lunch and we just sat there and talked for almost 2 hours! Then we decided to walk off our lunch by checking our Columbia College (Trevor would like to attend this school), the Art Museum, Millennium Park, The magnificent mile...Just to name a few... We walked off our lunch and more! Our final stop was Garrett's Popcorn, it was delicious and a perfect ending to our perfect day!

This is a tradition I hope to keep with Trevor well into his adult years. We all go to the city pretty often which is great! Before I met CJ when it was just Trev and mom several years ago, we would hop the train for a day at a muesum, the zoo or just to walk around and shop. I love this time with him. He's growing up so fast, I love him so. =)

My Trevor...
Mom and Trevor...He's so TALL!

Mike and Trevor on the train.


My little sister Emily and Trevor. Isn't she pretty!



Awww, Mike and Emily...Love birds.




Mom and Trevor at lunch. He's so darn cute!






4 comments:

Jessica Paige said...

Hi Amy!

I've been checking into the whole milk idea and it looks like they are all fortified with the same amount of Vit. D. Sorry about that info...I suppose it's all in what you prefer :)

Will be back to read more about your Chicago trip!

junglemama said...

What a neat time the two of you get to have. Cool!

Anna B. said...

Oh, this sounds like so much fun and what a wonderful tradition with the handsome young man you call your son!!! I have never been to Chicago...I think it would be heavenly.

Jessica Paige said...

Hi Amy!

Looks like so much fun! Ian's dad lives close to Chicago. I always thought about taking him sometime and hanging out there a day or two.

Glad you had such a special time, I think it is so important with our teens :)

Hugs~
Jess