Thursday, June 9, 2011

Linzhi update

I have my pictures in the wrong order...just an effect of exhaustion I guess. The surgery went great, the recovery...Not so great. More like horrible. I have so much to talk about but honestly, I can hardly keep my eyes open and it's only 10am. Please pray for Linzhi, she is so brave even in pain that makes her thrash her body. In all my 18 years of parenting I have never felt this helpless in comforting my child. Please pray for her, we know there is a light at the end of this tunnel but to a six year old that thinks she will never play again or walk again, she's just not seeing this is temporary and who could blame her. PT is coming in this afternoon to try and get her on her feet. Yesterday, we made it into a wheelchair for 10 mins and that was agony for her. Today, she was ordered a muscle relaxer so we're praying to get her off morphine but if she's in too much pain, she'll get it. Our goal today.... getting her up on her feet, keeping her comfortable with her muscle relaxer and Tylenol 3 without morphine so this peanut can go home. All she wants is her sisters and brother, when she thinks of them she sobs.

Monday, we come back to have her tubes taken out and her cast put on. SHe will be sedated again (ugh) but I would rather her not feel any pain since they will be getting all the surgical tape, etc off her body. I pray this is not for nothing. I pray once her cast is off her muscle does what we're hoping it will do, I pray Linzhi will get her "new life" as she stated the night before surgery. I pray my baby gets through this day with little pain and discomfort.

I wish I had sunshine and rainbows to report because I hate to ever sound negative but I'm keeping it real and this at the moment is our reality. :(

A little smile. See how puffy her hand is? THis was the cause of terrible pain yesterday. See the bravery in her eyes? That's our girl!



Finally a little rest.




exhaustion.



On her way to surgery.









Grandma and grandpa





Big bro.



The girls.



nervous Linzhi but a trooper.




being brave.



6 comments:

lizzielou said...

Oh my goodness,praying for all of you!

Laine said...

Oh Amy I know that you just want to be able to make it better for sweet Linzhi....when we are weak, HE IS STRONG!
Praying for you alll......

Jenna York said...

Oh what a brave girl! She is giving the cutest brave smile! We are praying for her and her recovery. My heart aches for the pain you are seeing in your little girl. We will continue praying for that little sweet girl.
She looks so cute in the blue hair net. It really shows off her beautiful face.

Anonymous said...

Linzhi,
We just read about your surgery on Mom's blog. Noah, my grandson, and I are praying for a quick recovery. Grandma Sharon emailed me this morning and let me know how you are doing.
You are a brave girl and JESUS is there with you all the way.
We love you.
Your cousins: Sandy and Noah(5) in NC

Julie said...

Praying for all of you. Praying for a good recovery for Linzhi. It's so hard to see your child in pain and not be able to do anything about it. We are quickly coming up on a year since Walter's heart surgery and I remember that helpless feeling all too well.

Prayers for all of you.

Football and Fried Rice said...

My heart about broke seeing how nervous Miss Linzhi was! Thankfully she was well prayed over and is now home recovering! Hugs! Sara