Monday, September 20, 2010

Life...

Oh life...I love my life, thank God everyday for the health of my children, husband and myself. I am so thankful to be able to be home with my kids cuz I know what's it's like to have to work outside of the home and trust others to care for my child. I am blessed.

Some days well, life can be interesting... Today for example was Monday, grocery shopping day which means I get up at 6:30am, shower and leave the house by 7:30-8:00am to get my shopping done for the week which consists of 3 different stores due to prices and favorites. We start school late on Mondays so Trevor can be with the girls. I call it "home economics" class for Trevor. I managed to get everything checked off my list in perfect time, I knew it was going to be a great day! I pull in, Trevor helps me unload and then all of a sudden time was flying and one thing after another kept popping up making it impossible to get life in order for my three little peanuts. One needed this, the other that...oh my! The needs just kept mounting up and I was finding myself getting alittle frustrated with my life at the moment. I'm going to be real honest here so please don't judge. Some days I feel defeated. Linzhi needs bathroom assistance, help with feedings, dressing, hair, teeth, etc... Madelyn is pretty independent except for the bathroom if she's wearing pants or shorts of any kind. Rachel is my child that will challenge me from the minute she wakes up until she hits the pillow at night and now all the girls are bickering left and right over the most trivial things in the world! (yes, mom I know Allison and I did the same things) LOL... But all joking aside, today I wanted to be as far away from my house full of blessings as I possible could and I feel terrible about that but that's reality sometimes. I am finding myself very tired. Adopting an older child with a language barrier and with mild but obvious physical disabilities is tough...very tough and some days I talk to her like she understands me and then I forget and run to the translator and type it all in and pray she gets it!! *sigh* One day I know we will be able to communicate and I thank God for every little breakthrough we have with language but some times are more trying than others and bless Madelyn's heart, she is such a trooper. =)

So I admit, all heck broke loose today! But I will say this, we had a great day at school when we finally got everyone in order so we could get to the classroom AND best of all...Madelyn was able to get through the day without crying due to grief (Praise the Lord). See a little breakthrough. =) Tomorrow will be a new day and my girls will wake up with perfect attitudes and happy smiles for each other ALL DAY LONG...Ok maybe not but we'll manage through lots of prayers and I'm sure some laughs and maybe some tears here and there. So I am going to bed tonight with my cup overflowing with gratitude so when all heck breaks loose tomorrow, I'm going to run to my computer and reread my post. ;)

Have a great Tuesday!

4 comments:

CK said...

Amy-
Dear sister "in the midst of all the stuff" you are exactly where God wants you to be. I know you already know this-hence your post-but I just wanted to tell you again. You are building-laying down brick after brick each one carefully put into place-some take more than one attempt (and with a little clean up) but soon they start to fit together perfectly and you will see the progress of your hard work. It may look different than what you first imagined however it will be perfect, beautiful, in His time. Prayers of grace and strength from a momma in the same boat! (sometimes half our day is gone by the time the kids are ready to start school-sigh)
Hugs,
Cheri

The Ferrill's said...

And this, Amy, is why I love you! You are not alone! We ALL have days like this and yes, the language barrier can get so exhausting on both ends. Cheri hit the nail on the head....brick by brick!
You have a GREAT attitude and that is half the battle in itself! Learning to laugh at the things that frustrate us is such a blessing.
I'm glad Madelyn is able to grieve with you...that is forming a bond like no other!
Praying for you and sending hugs!

Jenna York said...

Dear Amy, there are days when I want to brain my kids. Please don't let days like this discourage you from what you are doing. There will be more wonderful days than there are frustrating days. Hang in there. See you tomorrow!

Janet and Kevin said...

Yup - there are days like that! Hoping tomorrow is a wonderful day for you all!

Hugs,
Janet and gang