Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Praise Jesus!

Ok, I am just jumping for JOY!!!! My cousin Lindsay met with her oncologist this afternoon and he words are this..."This is not a death sentence"....That statement is off the table!

There is a cancerous spot at the bottom of her spine that needs to be removed ASAP. What they will do is open her back up, biopsy it on the spot, then they will remove that part of her spine and replace it with a metal rod. Wanna hear the best part...NO CHEMO!!!!!!! She will only require radiation!!!

So now, we continue to pray for her appointment with the Neurologist. This is when they will discuss surgery date, etc... Her oncologist wants this done before Christmas.

When I spoke with her on the phone, I kept asking the same questions... "Does your doctor have hope?" Her answer... YES, Then I asked "Lindsay, do you have hope?" Her answer...YES!!! The relief in her voice was so apparent...Oh what a Great God we serve!

Yes, she's got an uphill battle but she also has HOPE. Thank you JESUS!!

3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Wow, girl - I just read your previous post about your cousin....how amazing is God???!!!!!!

Lifting up your cousin NOW as God prepares her heart for what's to come!!!!

TanyaLea said...

PrAiSe tHe LORD!!!!! I haven't been commenting much lately, as I've been so busy... but I still read!! So good to hear she is going to be okay! God is good!!

Now THAT's something to be thankful for! <><

Happy Thanksgiving and God bless!

love,
Tanya

Chelley said...

big big hugz and huge prayers coming your way~~~