Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day one.

As I am sitting here watching the Bears game, my husband is walking with bibles packed in his bags to smuggle across the border into mainland China. He, along with 10 others will make this 5 mile trip 3-4 times each day, walking 15-20 miles per day. Each time I think of him my stomach drops. I know the team is being watched by our heavenly father and I am keeping the faith here and lighting my candle every night praying for my sweet hubby until he is home. My heart is heavy thinking of all the Chinese people that wait and pray for their own bible so that they too will know the power of Christ's love. My personal prayer is for the birth families of my sweet babies Madelyn and Linzhi, I pray a bible is placed in their hands one day or that they already have one and their lives are being transformed and renewed. I know my husband signed up for this mission with the same purpose in mind. He told me today on the phone, these people are Linzhi's people and I could tell he was grateful to give back to the country that has given us so much JOY in our girls. If you think of it at night while it's day time in China, please pray the borders are open and they can get across with no issues...No issues means MORE bibles in China!!!

God is so very good.

1 comment:

TanyaLea said...

SO happy to join with you in prayer for this amazing cause. I love what your husband is doing... it is such a brave and selfless act. The thought that he is doing it with his daughters in mind, just makes it all that much more meaningful. Praying for his safety and for open borders, and that NO weapons fashioned against them will prosper, and any that even try and rise, will FALL, in Jesus' name!! <><

Hang in there and keep us posted!

love,
Tanya