Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mama and Madelyn

Today has been a full day in our house. Now that school has started, I am hearing the alarm clock go off at 5:45 AM! I then pull myself from my comfortable bed, gather my gym clothes and head down to the basement to work out. So far, I'm loving it ...Once I'm out of bed that is... =) I really need to make time to work out, I always feel better (my joints especially) but honestly I am NOT an early morning person so this may be a challenge for me once winter hits. We shall see...

We had a good day with school, the girls were a bit antsy so at break time they went out back to play on the jungle gym to burn off some energy...So I thought anyway...They came back from break with the giggles so needless to say someone got their name on the board as a warning and the thought of losing a sticker for the day which would mean not getting an opportunity to peruse the "treasure chest" on Friday snapped them all out of it and the rest of the day went just fine. Thank you Jesus!!

After dinner and baths, Rachel and Linzhi got in our bed to watch a quick movie before bed. Madelyn wasn't interested so I took the opportunity to have some one on one with my girl. We looked through the pantry and found a muffin mix to make for tomorrow...She was SO excited!! She loves to help me or watch me cook or bake and I am happy for all the girls to help me with certain projects. Now Madelyn loves working in the kitchen right next to me (and I love every minute of it). I feel she has a desire to learn to cook which I am thrilled about! Rachel and Linzhi help me too but it was nice to have some time to bond with her. Just us. It seems God gives me opportunities everyday to snag one of my kids for some alone time and I cherish every minute. We both desire to know them as individuals and love to make special time for each of them even my big guy still needs some mama time (or maybe it;s just mama that does?)

God bless to all...Enjoy the pics below...




Madelyn working hard to mix the batter.

A smile for mama.
Washing up our dishes (she's a diligent worker).


Our finished project! Yummy for breakfast!!





4 comments:

Chelley said...

sounds like a FULL on day guess you dont get much down time for yourself?

Barbie said...

Sounds like things are going so well for you all! Madelyn looks like she is really loving her alone time with mommy. :-)

Jenna York said...

And you still have time to blog....and exercise?? heehee! I love the pics. I am glad that the girls are having fun so far in their schooling. Madelyn looks so happy in your pictures.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Is cooking always part of your school day? If so - sign me up!!