Sunday, August 30, 2009

Getting closer!!!

In this picture, she's holding our letters from her first care package. Bless her heart...I want to squeeze her!!!
I am so excited! Things are just moving so nicely... I800A sent in three weeks ago, then last week I received our appointment to get our biometrics (finger prints). Documents are being authenticated ..YEAH! I love this part for some reason, it's like the major headaches of collecting documents, physicals, fingerprinting (three times), online training modules...etc... It's all behind us now as our dossier is just about complete and soon, very soon we'll be DTC (dossier to China)!!!!

Miss Mady turns 8 on September 25th. I'm putting together her birthday gift/ care package. I've never had an 8 year old little girl so if anyone has any birthday present ideas, please send them my way!

CJ leaves for China in October, we're waiting to see if it can be arranged for him to go visit her. We are on bended knees asking the Lord to come through on this request. However, if it doesn't happen we know there's a good reason and we'll just be patient and wait for our "appointed" time.

Oh BTW...Rachel is doing GREAT in school, she's made new friends and loves her teachers. Mama is doing much better too :-) Now, Miss Linz starts her second year of preschool on Wednesday but just two days a week 8:45 to 3:30. I'll have an update on her first day too.

Have a wonderful Monday!

7 comments:

Lori said...

I'm so curious (and somewhat ignorant)-does Madyline speak any English...yet?

Mandi said...

Okay, I am sooo excited right now. We are about 2 weeks from being DTC. How cool would it be if our paths crossed in Guangzhou. I am so hoping and praying.

As for Madelyn's birthday present, nail polish, hair bows,necklace/bracelet, pretty much anything girly. One other thing I thought of and I am not sure if she would be able to do this. If you send her a journal and a pen then she could keep a "diary" of her time in China. I think this would be something she may like to look at later on. Especially since she is 8 and able to read and write, plus, she is going to remember alot and possible forget alot as well. Just a thought.

Oh, check my blog for some exciting news concerning you!

Hugs,
Mandi

Desiree' said...

Such a precious picture!! I really hope you can get your visit arranged, what a wonderful thing that would be. As for 8 year old gift idea's...my girls always liked nail polish, make up sets, barbies anything considered "pretties". Maybe a pursh filled with girly things?? That way it would be like two surprises in one!!

Gavin's Family said...

My daughter is turning 8 on Sept. 24th and she is telling me to pass on the message to you that she loves girly cloths (like fun t-shirts or bright colored socks).

Jenna York said...

There's a place at the mall that sells reasonably priced girly things. Headbands with ribbon hanging down. Bracelets that look like real gold. Gorgeous hair clips. Forgot the name, but it is across from that nail shop around the corner from Ruby Tuesday. I was thinking nail polish too! Girls love horses for some reason. Something with a horse on it. My kids always loved drawing (wonder why!) so we always got paints/brushes, colored pencils, markers. I am so excited for you! This is so exciting! And reading Mandi's post too! How exciting for you both. Especially if you should meet up there! Love ya guys!

The Ferrill's said...

Amy I would be THRILLED if our trips coincided too! I know it makes your heart so happy to see her holding your letters!
I'm so glad school is going well for everyone! Any updates on the exchange student?
Praying for you!

Chelley said...

Woohooooooooo getting there!!!

I am so super excited for you!!