Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's day to all my favorite moms out there!! I had a very sweet day with my kids and hubby. I started my day by sleeping in!!! LOVED every extra minute of it because I believe I'm getting a sinus infection...YUCK! Linzhi is not feeling well and Trevor's been complaining of headaches as well. CJ made the decision to keep everyone home from church so we could rest. I don't like to miss church but I'm grateful for the extra rest since CJ is leaving for the next five days for work, so that leaves me holding down the daddy part of the fort too. We sure will miss him and I'm praying for health while he's gone.

So, we finally got moving and decided we were all hungry so we kept our lunch reservation at our favorite Japanese steak house!! My girls tend to be on the picky side of eating, Rachel more than Linzhi however, when we eat at this restaurant, RACHEL eats and eats and eats....I love watching her enjoy her noodles because it's such a rarity! After our late lunch we drove over to spend some time visiting with CJ's mom and Willie, then later in the evening we went to my sisters house for dessert with my mom and her husband John. It was a full day but filled with lots of laughter, hiccups and sneezing (mom and Linzhi)...One little piece was missing...My Madelyn. I thought of her often and as we were driving I had time to day dream about the day we get to meet her. I am so grateful for my four babies and my sweet husband. I can't imagine my life without any of them.

I have a prayer request on this mother's day for my sweet cousin Lindsay. She's the mother of five beautiful kids and the wife to a good husband. She is fighting breast cancer and just finished her radiation a couple of weeks ago however, for the last week she has been experiencing some major headaches and none of the medication that's been subscribed is taking care of it. Tomorrow she is getting an MRI to see what's going on. We are hopeful for sinus related issues but she is fearing her cancer has spread to her brain. Please pray for comfort and peace of mind. I can't imagine what she deals with everyday and I hope for her and her family it's nothing but allergies. Please keep her in your prayers and I will update when I have more information. THANK YOU!



Linzhi telling daddy a secret ear to ear....So cute!

Miss Rachel enjoying her noodles and chopsticks...She is also in my jean jacket because she said "my bones are shivering"


My blessings...




2 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Hey Amy, I will be praying for Lyndsay! I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day! Next year you will be celebrating with one more honey! ;)

Football and Fried Rice said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day! Can you believe this is your last Mother's Day to 3 blessings?

What's new on the adoption front? Have you any more information? Any idea of travel!?