Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Summer begins with a bang!

Wow...I'm behind in posting... Well, summer has officially started for the Corzine clan. Trevor has finished his first year of high school but returned Monday to start Driver's Ed!!! I still can't believe I'm old enough to have a teenager...ha ha... CJ's took him out driving last night and all went well. CJ said he did a great job and Trevor is so excited about going out again...Mom's still nervous so I think I'll go with them on the next adventure. Trevor also said good-bye to his paper route of 3 years and started a new job with my uncle doing various office duties. We love the change and Trevor is so happy he doesn't have to get up at the crack of dawn on Sunday's to deliver morning papers. You know, when kids have a paper route it's usually a burden for the parents!!! I mean, I helped him one winter so much that an elderly customer referred to me as the paper girl!!! =)

Well, we're almost at our time for Linzhi's 1st appointment at Shriner's hospital!! Come on June 18th! 2 more weeks and we cannot wait! Now, for Linzhi it will be a different story. She does not do well at the doctor's office, she's getting better with our pediatrician but it still takes her a while to relax. We're noticing Linzhi has anxiety issues which will come out of the blue. I understand this is normal for older children but it's heartbreaking all the same. Now, don't get me wrong Miss Linz is a ball of fun and laughter too! She's loving the outdoors and riding her bike with her big sis...it's just too cute for words to hear them talk to each other as they "drive their cars to the grocery store" I just love what God has given them as sisters and what a blessing we get to watch them blossom as sisters more and more everyday.

Miss Rachel has finished her 2nd year of pre-school, where does time go? I tell you what, when that child goes to kindergarten I will be a mess! I enjoy her so much, she is out of all my babies the most like me. We have all the same interests and umm...well, let's just say...she's full of spit and vinegar like mommy too! I see some bumps in the road during teenage years but beyond that I see a beautiful mother/daughter -relationship/friendship when she's an adult. I just imagine us shopping for flowers, shoes, etc... lunching and laughing (of course, Linzhi too). I will be the mother that has to stay involved...I may be a the verge of overly involved but OH WELL!!! LOL... My husband and son call me "Marie Barrone" from "Everybody loves Raymond" and you know, secretly I think they may be right!! LOL...

Happy Summer!!!
Amy

2 comments:

Barbie said...

Sounds like you are going to a wonderful summer!! My daughter just finished her first year of high school too and will start driver's ed on June 30th. How can it be?!! Even though are two boys are older than her it still shocks me to know we have yet another driver! And you definitely look too young to have a teenager for sure!

The Ferrill's said...

I can't wait to see how Linzhi's appointment goes...I have heard such wonderful things about Shriners! My Kimmie gets awfully anxious with doctors so I will say a special prayer for Miss Linzhi! I know you are going to enjoy your summer with all your blessings, and I agree with Barbie...you definitely look too young to have a teen! Driver's Ed...scary! My oldest is almost 12, and I know it's just around the corner!